- 1.A tabular data file should meet the minimum criteria as defined in the Elements:
- 2.If the data are initially saved in a different program (e.g. Excel), comply with the reporting format, convert the file to CSV, and resolve data inconsistencies and/or formatting problems.
- CSV fields common to ESS-DIVE Package Level Metadata are consistent in format structure.
- These elements represent the ideal file for interoperable and machine-readable data.
- Following the recommended format and structure of the CSV Reporting Format will facilitate FLMD extraction of some fields using the File Level Metadata Extractor
Contents of the Elements
- Character Set
- Data Matrix
- Column or Row Name Orientation
- File Name
- Column or Row Names
- Consistent Values
- Missing Value Codes
- Temporal Data
- Temporal Data Range
- Spatial Data