- 1.Create file-level metadata for each data set using the provided templatea. Start new row for each file and include all filesb. Use "*" wildcard when the FLMD applies to multiple filesi. For example - the same FLMD applies to all soil core files in this data package - "soil_cores_*.csv"
- 4.Save the FLMD template as a CSV following the CSV Reporting Format guidance. We recommend naming the flmd file "flmd.csv" or you can include a prefix in the form of "*_flmd.csv"
- 5.For CSV data files, create a CSV Data Dictionary to describe the fields and other attributes of your CSV data file. Also list any data dictionaries you create as part of your file-level metadata (described in step 1a)
- 6.For zip files, we recommend including the FLMD outside the zip file but may also include it in the zip file
- Fields common to ESS-DIVE Package Level Metadata are consistent in format structure
Contents of the Elements